Directionals

Monday, January 30, 2017

Baby Girl is on Her Way! [my pregnancy in weeks]

I don't blog anymore but I did keep track of how I felt during pregnancy each week and thought there was no better place to keep record of it in case God decides we should have 3 (or more) kids to our already amazing family of 4! So here is the short version (cause who has time for long ones anymore!): 

Week 4: found out about middle of the week via dollar store test! Chicken salad tasted weird so I thought hmmm I wonder if I could be prego? - Shocked and excited all at the same time. I had to pace around the house for about 20 minutes and then Steven came in the door and I immediately said "i'm pregnant." haha He was shocked and excited too! 

Week 5: watched the line get darker with dollar store tests each morning. Can't eat steak even though it sounds good. Smells are stronger. 

Week 6: first wave of nauseousness. Not bad just a lump in the throat kind of thing. I had some starbursts to get my mind off of it. Usually happens before lunch. I can't suck in! My boobs started to hurt. This also happened: 
Steven: (flicks Jordan's nipple) 
Jordan: stop! They're tender. Actually look at my nipples they look weird. (Pulls up shirt)
Steven: Omgosh It looks like a miniature meatball got thrown and is stuck on your areola. 
Bahaha! 

Week 7: First appt. Heartbeat was 133 bpm. Everything looked great! the nauseousness is constant. Not eating enough, eating too much. Can't find a balance. Pretty tired too - going to bed when Zaiah does. Don't want anything healthy. Kind-of in a lull I think because of Zaiah's breath-holding spell.  

Week 8: woke up on the first day of week 8 and the nauseousness had calmed down a bit. I seem to overeat a lot, I need to stop that. Like to take naps when I can. Don't really have any motivation to do anything around the house. 

Week 9: Legit thought I was going to throw up in the middle of the week but I didn't. Bland foods are good. Carbs are the best! Have to use the elastic band with my jeans and flowy shirts for sure! Gained 4 pounds so far. (Started at 145) 

Week 10: Feel so fat. Wore some maternity pants. Want to eat healthy but so unhealthy too... The struggle is real. Want Taco Bell. Some days I have a hard time staying awake. I have had Starbucks like every other day. 

Week 11: Grapes. Love me some. Someone straight up called me out cause they saw my belly.... wha?

Week 12: Up 6.5 lbs. Yikes. Found out it's a GIRL!!!!! (via bow and arrow and pink paint in a balloon!) Not that hungry at dinner but I have realized if I don't eat dinner that I will get hungry late at night and have a bowl of cereal or a nutrigrain bar in the wee hours! 

Week 13: Nauesousness is back. I thought I caught a bug from Zaiah but I think it's my blood sugar... Gotta start eating smaller more frequent meals. There is definitely a bump! :) I'm back down to 150. Feels good to workout. I am picking up Zaiah and doing as much as I can with him while I can! 

Week 14: Not sure what happened but I am exhausted. Like not just tired but wiped out every night. Have a belly but not very firm yet lol - could be a food baby! 

Week 15: Pillows in-between legs and behind back. Can still lay on my stomach somewhat but have a feeling that is going soon! Back starts to hurt when I do too much. Up 8 lbs. Feel great! Feel pregnant although sometimes I forget lol. Steven says I'm moody. Sorry hubs! Nesting already. 

Week 16: up 8.5 lbs. Round ligament pain. 

Week 17: up 9.5 lbs. I need to slow down. Already having trouble sleeping and a little acid influx.

Week 18: Anatomy scan ultrasound... She is healthy, smart and perfect! Just how God created her! She was waving and playing with her hands! She opened her mouth too to say hello! Heartbeat was 143.

Week 19: Beach with the baby girl! We successfully did not get burned! Round ligament pain but probably stretching from eating vacation food! Craved sweets like crazy... On the way home, as we passed by each fast food place, I thought of the milkshake or dessert I could get at each one! She has a sweet tooth! 

Week 20: Finally felt her move... thanks to the anterior placenta! Love that feeling! 

Week 21: Barely feeling her move. Wth. Feel good though - just large! ◡̈ growing belly means growing baby right! I love sugar. 

Week 22: 18.5 lbs gained already. Yikes. Painted the walls and furniture for her room! Light Gray walls, white furniture. Peach/coral, mint and gold accents.  

Week 23: 100% felt her kick cause I could feel it from the outside. Stomach feels tighter. Tired... Maybe going too hard, maybe not as active (sitting a lot) or maybe just pregnancy. Her room is coming together nicely! Had my first shower... Girl clothes are so cute! Belly is really itchin this week! 

Week 24: Philly! Walked a ton and felt great! Sat down whenever I could so I didn't overdo it! Wined and dined in Philly without worrying about calories... Perk of Prego life! Feeling her kick a lot this week! 

Week 25: Up 2.5 lbs- yikes. Up 23.5 total. Belly is getting in the way more... Harder to get up from places. Colostrum. Sodas. 

Week 26: Ice cream. My hips hurt. Harder to get up and down from places! Felt like the tin man after sitting in my chair for 45 min straight. Up 25 lbs. 

Week 27: Starting to a feel a little uncomfortable. Getting hot and swollen when outside too long. Up 27 lbs. body went into a sugar shock from the glucose test (passed out and threw up while giving blood) but I passed the test with a 77. My nose is stuffed up and dry- can't get rid of it. Had 2 bloody noses. A lady at publix asked me "oh how many days do you have left?" ...

Week 28: Up 28 lbs. Spider veins that look like bruises on my legs. Better to eat smaller snacks throughout the day. A little heartburn in the middle of the night but nothing that keeps me up.  

Week 29: Lighthouse trip! Hot but not too miserable. Feel like my belly isn't as big as it is but I run into things constantly. Drank lots of water but still got another Charlie horse In the middle of the night so I guess not enough. Did the church clap... I think people were impressed but scared for me lol.

Week 30: Around my belly button is a little numb and I can feel my ball of stitches again. Veins are coming out to play big time. Rhinitis of pregnancy (nasal congestion in 30% of pregnant women...) 

Week 31: Collins is doing great and moving like crazy! Officially rolling around (not so much punching). She is definitely stretching my hips and I feel them especially at night while sleeping! 

Week 32: Major lower back pain and cramping ... Thought it might be preterm labor (thanks google) but I think I was just dehydrated! Go figure. Up 32 lbs. ate a lot of cereal this week. Mainly because no motivation to cook dinner after work. Still working out (9Round) about 2 times a week.

Week 33: Up to 33 lbs. Typical.

Week 34: Heartburn a couple days... Wonder if she'll have hair! No motivation to move/workout. 

Week 35: Up to 37 lbs. Getting real uncomfortable. Tired. Moving slow. Did she drop? Feeling a lot of pelvic pressure.  

Week 36: 37.5. Felt hiccups for the first time ever!! It's cool but also trying to go to bed at the moment lol. Not dilated.

Week 37: up to 39.5 lbs. Nesting... Shopping and cleaning! People keep saying I'm not gonna make it that much longer... Acid reflux and congestion are peak this week. 

Week 38: Woke up at 3am with sharp cramping pains. Tried to time them but wasn't too consistent. Lasted for 2 hours though. A little bit more energy... A little! Extra bonding and snuggle time with Zaiah over the weekend while daddy was at VR!  Dizzy spots every once in awhile. Sinus infection in high gear... Cannot breathe easy. 

Week 39: She's coming this week like it or not... scheduled c-section on 9/20/16! (due date is 9/23/16). I'm so ready to meet her... and not be pregnant anymore... and have a beer with some sushi! 

Collins Makenna Castardi born 9/20/16 at 9:17am, 8lbs 5oz, 20.5", happy healthy and oh so cute! (scheduled c-section is the way to go too!)  

No comments:

Post a Comment